Terms & Conditions
Me & ED Photo Competition
Terms & Conditions
- The photograph competition will open on 9.00am GMT, Tuesday 9 May 2018 and will close at 17:00 GMT, Friday 27 July 2018. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
- There are four ways to enter the competition. Entries can be submitted:
1: Post it on Instagram, and include #MEandED @LoveEastD in the photo caption.
2: Posting the photo on the ME&ED Facebook page and include #MEandED @LoveEastD in the photo caption
3: Email the photo to email@example.com
4: Entries can also be posted or delivered in person to: ED, 41 North Cross Road, East Dulwich, SE22 9ET. All photos must be in digital format, either on a CD or USB stick. Entrants must ensure they have a copy of the entry as CDs and USB sticks will not be returned.
- Entry photographs must be at least 300dpi resolution or a 1080px width on Instagram.
- All entries must be accompanied by an explanation of 240 characters or less on how the picture captures the spirit of East Dulwich.
- Entries may be submitted by an individual, school or community group. Each may submit up to a maximum of 6 entries for an individual and 20 entries for a school or community group. **Schools/Teachers must gain written consent of every child under 18 featured prior to submission into the competition. Photos without this will not be accepted.
- All photographs must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the intellectual property or moral rights of any other party. Entries must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that the entrant does not have permission to use, and must not include registered trademarks. The entrant agrees to indemnify East Dulwich Action Group against any losses or damages suffered as a result of infringement of any third-party rights.
- Photographs must not feature nudity or obscene language, material should not be offensive or defamatory and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour.
- Entrants must have obtained permission from each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry and obtain their consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Where an individual whose image is featured in a photograph entry is aged less than 18 years old, the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given written consent.
- Images taken by people under the age of 16 must be submitted by their parent or guardian. Submission by a parent or guardian will be taken as consent to use the image.
- Selected pictures may be posted on the LoveEastDulwich website and social media including Facebook / Instagram feed both during and after the competition, and the entrants expressly consent to such posting with or without crediting the entrant.
- A selection of up to 15 winning entries will be chosen (the exact final number of winning entries will depend on quantity and quality of the submissions received) by an independent panel of judges. This will include representatives from the Dulwich Festival, Dulwich Picture Gallery and members of the local community.
- Family members, employees, agents and/ or associated persons of the judging panel shall not be eligible for entry.
- All winners will be advised of the result by email and in advance of any publication. The winners will be announced on LoveEastDulwich.com
- Entrants grant permission for their photograph to be reproduced and displayed on a lamp post banner within East Dulwich, for up to 3 years, or for the lifetime of the banner itself. Entrants also grant permission for display in print materials, LoveEastDulwich.com, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms with or without crediting the entrant.
- Winners’ work may need to be cropped, overlaid, mounted, pierced or otherwise edited in order to be reproduced for use on the banners.
- Prizes are at the discretion of the EDAG committee. Any prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- No social media platforms are involved in terms of sponsorship, endorsement or the event administration of this competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Promoter: East Dulwich Action Group